The first Torque Pro OBD2 data plugin to support Android Auto.
Small and handy plugin for Torque to display real time car data while using Android Auto as well as showing speed camera alerts.
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH XIAMOI PHONES!
- Multiple reports of not working on Samsung devices!!!
Instructions on how to use:
2) Make sure you do not have any other 3rd party app Android Auto app installed.
3) Open the app and hopefully it will be quite self explanatory on how to set it up (choose colours, set gauge number, etc)
4) Open Android Auto (on the phone), go to About, tap the "About Android Auto" header 10 times, once you are a developer from the 3 dotted right corner menu select "Start Headunit Server" (ROOT users can skip this step!)
5) Close Android Auto
6) MAKE SURE YOUR SCREEN IS UNLOCKED and connect to the car, when prompted which app to use select "OBD2AA" and always (this needs to be done one time only) - If you are a HUR user select Android Auto and always!
If you do not see the prompt to chose, please go to settings -> apps -> all apps -> Google Play Services -> Clear Defaults and then try again
7) Select the last tab on the right, by pressing it again you should see an app selector and choose OBD2AA
8) Give it a bit of time to start pulling the data from Torque.
- Some users have reported choppy audio when using the app, this will mainly be due to the speed of the phone, the buffer on the car/headunit and other factors which are out of my control, if that is the case and you cannot use the app please feel free to contact me for a refund.
- Bluetooth Audio output might not work on all devices, it does depend how the car/headunit handles the Bluetooth. There will be devices which completely disable A2DP/Bluetooth capabilities of the car when Android Auto is running. In this case all the sound will be heard from the phone speaker rather then the car speakers.
- Tap limit will be disabled only for cars/headunits which are equipped with a GPS.
- In rare cases it can happen that after unplugging the phone from the headunit you will see a message which says that you are still connected to Android Auto, simply Force Stop the Google Play Services.
- You always need to make sure that Headunit Server is running on the phone (unless you have root), if the icon bothers you simply hide it.
Version 3.6a on 11.09.2019
- Fixes compatibility with new Torque Beta app.
Version 3.6b on 01.15.2020
- Change notification for speed cam
- fixed app crash when using voice commands on some units.
by Revelene on 03.16.2020thumb_up
Almost perfect. It allows me to get OBD2 readouts on my dash from Torque Pro. It is a bit buggy, but I've found ways to avoid some of them. Overall, would recommend to anyone that wants to get gauges from their OBD2 sensor onto their dash with Android Auto. Not only do I get the gauges, but the rest of the functions from Android Auto are still there. For reference, I'm using a Galaxy Note9 and OBDLink MX. Would recommend, even with the occasional bug and awkward way of getting it to work.
by jdezan on 02.28.2020thumb_up
It's fully working with my Citroen C4L and my Mi 9T even tough the developer informed that it does not work in Xiaomi phones. Please add more customisation for the gauges and some samples to measure.
by areyes94x on 01.31.2020thumb_up
Its working flawlessly with and ELM327 worth 9usd out of amazon, and a samsung a10s (low spec device), on a 2018 mk7.5 fiesta st. It would be nice to have a peak and hold boost feature. No flaws on the app tho, just being picky. Great response from the developer.
by jareddlc on 03.04.2020thumb_down
I was really looking forward to this app working. I followed the instructions and this didn't work. OnePlus 6T with Android 9. This probably needs root.
by DuBichNga on 01.24.2020thumb_up
Currently working on 2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo, Torque Pro and AA 4.95. If you have issues setting up look on play store for "Android Auto for phone screen"
by paddy_1+ on 01.22.2020thumb_up
Fabulous app and appreciate the help from Emil in getting it working for me. Big FAN of Emil now 😀👋
by whitty1975 on 01.14.2020thumb_up
Superb little app.
by steveiam1307 on 03.26.2020thumb_up
Just installed and was able to get working 1st try following the directions. So far so good. Sensors lived a little bit on the display but I have yet to tweak it... hopefully Willbe able to update to 5star very soon/Galaxy S20/pioneer nex headunit/2017 Accord sport/generic $2 Amazon obd2/ Thank you sir, good work!👍
by mrchomuspr on 03.04.2020thumb_up
Edit, working 100% fine on new Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Working flawlessly on my Samsung Galaxy S10+, soon to be tested with a S20 Ultra 5G
by oldbrain1234 on 12.30.2019thumb_up
Funktioniert perfekt bei mir! Jetzt läuft Torque bei mir im Mazda CX-5 auf dem MZD😄