The first Torque Pro OBD2 data plugin to support Android Auto.
Small and handy plugin for Torque to display real time car data while using Android Auto as well as showing speed camera alerts.
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH XIAMOI PHONES!
- Multiple reports of not working on Samsung devices!!!
Instructions on how to use:
2) Make sure you do not have any other 3rd party app Android Auto app installed.
3) Open the app and hopefully it will be quite self explanatory on how to set it up (choose colours, set gauge number, etc)
4) Open Android Auto (on the phone), go to About, tap the "About Android Auto" header 10 times, once you are a developer from the 3 dotted right corner menu select "Start Headunit Server" (ROOT users can skip this step!)
5) Close Android Auto
6) MAKE SURE YOUR SCREEN IS UNLOCKED and connect to the car, when prompted which app to use select "OBD2AA" and always (this needs to be done one time only) - If you are a HUR user select Android Auto and always!
If you do not see the prompt to chose, please go to settings -> apps -> all apps -> Google Play Services -> Clear Defaults and then try again
7) Select the last tab on the right, by pressing it again you should see an app selector and choose OBD2AA
8) Give it a bit of time to start pulling the data from Torque.
- Some users have reported choppy audio when using the app, this will mainly be due to the speed of the phone, the buffer on the car/headunit and other factors which are out of my control, if that is the case and you cannot use the app please feel free to contact me for a refund.
- Bluetooth Audio output might not work on all devices, it does depend how the car/headunit handles the Bluetooth. There will be devices which completely disable A2DP/Bluetooth capabilities of the car when Android Auto is running. In this case all the sound will be heard from the phone speaker rather then the car speakers.
- Tap limit will be disabled only for cars/headunits which are equipped with a GPS.
- In rare cases it can happen that after unplugging the phone from the headunit you will see a message which says that you are still connected to Android Auto, simply Force Stop the Google Play Services.
- You always need to make sure that Headunit Server is running on the phone (unless you have root), if the icon bothers you simply hide it.
Version 3.6a on 11.09.2019
- Fixes compatibility with new Torque Beta app.
Version 3.6b on 01.15.2020
- Change notification for speed cam
- fixed app crash when using voice commands on some units.
by MrByrd1979 on 10.11.2020thumb_up
Can't seem to figure out how to make it work while I'm connected to Android auto wirelessly . The only way I can get it to work is if I have the USB cable plugged in to the phone.
by danmk8 on 10.12.2020thumb_down
Dont work with my galaxy s10+...could i have a refund?
by Johnsp62 on 10.08.2020thumb_down
Not impressed at all. Can't get it to work and ultimately crashed AA where I had to go in and re-do everything. One would think that the developers would provide better instructions or even a video explaining how to get the most out of the app but no. The fact the developers use the word "hopefully" really shows how lazy they are in giving proper information for set up. Just really disappointing. Will uninstall. Seek refund.
by aceharb on 10.06.2020thumb_up
Couldn't get to work on surface duo Never mind. I went to the help page and followed the first option instructions. Then it worked without any faults. 👍👍👍👍👍
by derk702 on 09.07.2020thumb_up
Works perfectly on my Hyundai with my Samsung S10 phone but be aware you'll need to turn on developer mode in android auto and then in developer settings turn on the head unit server.
by Sudheerram on 08.15.2020thumb_up
Had issues with initial installation, was unable to see the app on head unit through AA. Thanks to Emil for his excellent support to fix it quickly. It works flawlessly now..!!!
by andremorato on 06.05.2020thumb_up
Very good. Tanks. Full function on my samsung s10+ and volvo xc60
by Zisidis Nikos on 06.05.2020thumb_up
works flawlessly with non-root xiaomi mi 9t and Fiat uconnect. Has a late-night call to extract information from torque pro but. I think it's normal. great job! I hope to see the dashcommand with I hope to see the dashcommand with something similar
by Ed29010 on 05.29.2020thumb_down
Doesn't work. Keeps closing. Ford sync 3 with OnePlus 5.
by nashed on 05.28.2020thumb_down
i cant see the plug in inside Android Auto launcher also in setting except i found it in developer option also i cant find headunit server in latest AA version 52501053. i paid for nothing 😣😣