The first Torque Pro OBD2 data plugin to support Android Auto.
Small and handy plugin for Torque to display real time car data while using Android Auto as well as showing speed camera alerts.
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH XIAMOI PHONES!
- Multiple reports of not working on Samsung devices!!!
Instructions on how to use:
2) Make sure you do not have any other 3rd party app Android Auto app installed.
3) Open the app and hopefully it will be quite self explanatory on how to set it up (choose colours, set gauge number, etc)
4) Open Android Auto (on the phone), go to About, tap the "About Android Auto" header 10 times, once you are a developer from the 3 dotted right corner menu select "Start Headunit Server" (ROOT users can skip this step!)
5) Close Android Auto
6) MAKE SURE YOUR SCREEN IS UNLOCKED and connect to the car, when prompted which app to use select "OBD2AA" and always (this needs to be done one time only) - If you are a HUR user select Android Auto and always!
If you do not see the prompt to chose, please go to settings -> apps -> all apps -> Google Play Services -> Clear Defaults and then try again
7) Select the last tab on the right, by pressing it again you should see an app selector and choose OBD2AA
8) Give it a bit of time to start pulling the data from Torque.
- Some users have reported choppy audio when using the app, this will mainly be due to the speed of the phone, the buffer on the car/headunit and other factors which are out of my control, if that is the case and you cannot use the app please feel free to contact me for a refund.
- Bluetooth Audio output might not work on all devices, it does depend how the car/headunit handles the Bluetooth. There will be devices which completely disable A2DP/Bluetooth capabilities of the car when Android Auto is running. In this case all the sound will be heard from the phone speaker rather then the car speakers.
- Tap limit will be disabled only for cars/headunits which are equipped with a GPS.
- In rare cases it can happen that after unplugging the phone from the headunit you will see a message which says that you are still connected to Android Auto, simply Force Stop the Google Play Services.
- You always need to make sure that Headunit Server is running on the phone (unless you have root), if the icon bothers you simply hide it.
Version 3.6a on 11.09.2019
- Fixes compatibility with new Torque Beta app.
Version 3.6b on 01.15.2020
- Change notification for speed cam
- fixed app crash when using voice commands on some units.
by DuBichNga on 01.24.2020thumb_up
Currently working on 2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo, Torque Pro and AA 4.95. If you have issues setting up look on play store for "Android Auto for phone screen"
by paddy_1+ on 01.22.2020thumb_up
Fabulous app and appreciate the help from Emil in getting it working for me. Big FAN of Emil now 😀👋
by whitty1975 on 01.14.2020thumb_up
Superb little app.
by oldbrain1234 on 12.30.2019thumb_up
Funktioniert perfekt bei mir! Jetzt läuft Torque bei mir im Mazda CX-5 auf dem MZD😄
by sdiber on 12.25.2019thumb_down
App runs on my head unit, but all dials are stuck at 0.00 and don't update with actual values
by Adams1998 on 11.26.2019thumb_down
Comprata ieri sera e ora non funziona più, non ci sono i bar come unità di misura della pressione Sistemarla pre favore
by terratrooper on 11.16.2019thumb_up
With my OnePlus 5 and Honda Civic 2018 (honda hacked - developer mode + AA Phenotype Patcher) this app has had no issues working since a previous beta update & with regular updating functioning appears to be improving. I would like to have more information/instructions from the developer in how a user can go about making custom gauges/needles. As well as if there is templates or created pre-sets that would be great.
by TommyUDat on 11.01.2019thumb_up
Worked perfect for a day with my S10+ and now it crashes and my stereo doesn't recognize it. Hoping it will work with a future release.
by redstorm64 on 11.06.2019thumb_up
Seems to be working again after updating to the latest Play Services. Hoping with the dev back this app will get a refresh. Would really appreciate the full suite of gauges that Torque has available.
by herode10 on 10.27.2019thumb_up
Since the last android security update. It doesn't work anymore. I have a S8. I get a warning message on my car display that the phone cannot be connected now.