The first Torque Pro OBD2 data plugin to support Android Auto.
Small and handy plugin for Torque to display real time car data while using Android Auto as well as showing speed camera alerts.
NOT COMPATIBLE WITH XIAMOI PHONES!
Instructions on how to use:
2) Make sure you do not have any other 3rd party app Android Auto app installed.
3) Open the app and hopefully it will be quite self explanatory on how to set it up (choose colours, set gauge number, etc)
4) Open Android Auto (on the phone), go to About, tap the "About Android Auto" header 10 times, once you are a developer from the 3 dotted right corner menu select "Start Headunit Server" (ROOT users can skip this step!)
5) Close Android Auto
6) MAKE SURE YOUR SCREEN IS UNLOCKED and connect to the car, when prompted which app to use select "OBD2AA" and always (this needs to be done one time only) - If you are a HUR user select Android Auto and always!
If you do not see the prompt to chose, please go to settings -> apps -> all apps -> Google Play Services -> Clear Defaults and then try again
7) Select the last tab on the right, by pressing it again you should see an app selector and choose OBD2AA
8) Give it a bit of time to start pulling the data from Torque.
- Some users have reported choppy audio when using the app, this will mainly be due to the speed of the phone, the buffer on the car/headunit and other factors which are out of my control, if that is the case and you cannot use the app please feel free to contact me for a refund.
- Bluetooth Audio output might not work on all devices, it does depend how the car/headunit handles the Bluetooth. There will be devices which completely disable A2DP/Bluetooth capabilities of the car when Android Auto is running. In this case all the sound will be heard from the phone speaker rather then the car speakers.
- Tap limit will be disabled only for cars/headunits which are equipped with a GPS.
- In rare cases it can happen that after unplugging the phone from the headunit you will see a message which says that you are still connected to Android Auto, simply Force Stop the Google Play Services.
- You always need to make sure that Headunit Server is running on the phone (unless you have root), if the icon bothers you simply hide it.
Version 3.3 on 11.04.2018
- Fix "drunk" map effect on Sync 3 units
- Fixed rooted devices not being able to start headunit server.
- Added option to change DPI for your screen!
- Added option to auto play music on start
- Added option to select default start screen.
by moshemorgan on 11.06.2018thumb_up
Great app...missing some "Mile" conversions. (Distance till empty and average speed)
by tek_ids on 09.14.2018thumb_up
The application runs perfectly on R-Link. Thanks to the developer for support.
by Nerky72 on 09.23.2018thumb_up
Working on Suzuki Vitara S 1.4 turbo 2018 and Samsung galaxy A6 2018
by oldcrawler on 08.23.2018thumb_up
Freezes ford sync 3 whenever I try to change the screen. When it works it's awesome.
by Vills on 08.14.2018thumb_up
It works just fine on my not-Rooted S8. The beginnings were a little bit rough but now it works great. Thanks for your great work. Keep it up!
by Idelberger on 07.26.2018thumb_down
Do not work. Seat Arona.
by kitess1915117 on 10.27.2018thumb_up
Woks great with Mercedes Ntg5, 1
by Elastic77 on 07.16.2018thumb_down
Seems to be completely blocked by Google. Tried on rooted and non rooted devices and with old versions of AA and GPS installed. Retried following instructions a number of times but car does not respond at all
by horrorshow21 on 07.06.2018thumb_up
This app is amazing. I love having so many useful gauges without having to add a pod cluster to my dashboard.
by scott_toohey on 07.08.2018thumb_up
Awsome App, can't wait till it is further developed with skins and different styles.