The first Torque Pro OBD2 data plugin to support Android Auto.
Small and handy plugin for Torque to display real time car data while using Android Auto as well as showing speed camera alerts.
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH XIAMOI PHONES!
- Multiple reports of not working on Samsung devices!!!
Instructions on how to use:
2) Make sure you do not have any other 3rd party app Android Auto app installed.
3) Open the app and hopefully it will be quite self explanatory on how to set it up (choose colours, set gauge number, etc)
4) Open Android Auto (on the phone), go to About, tap the "About Android Auto" header 10 times, once you are a developer from the 3 dotted right corner menu select "Start Headunit Server" (ROOT users can skip this step!)
5) Close Android Auto
6) MAKE SURE YOUR SCREEN IS UNLOCKED and connect to the car, when prompted which app to use select "OBD2AA" and always (this needs to be done one time only) - If you are a HUR user select Android Auto and always!
If you do not see the prompt to chose, please go to settings -> apps -> all apps -> Google Play Services -> Clear Defaults and then try again
7) Select the last tab on the right, by pressing it again you should see an app selector and choose OBD2AA
8) Give it a bit of time to start pulling the data from Torque.
- Some users have reported choppy audio when using the app, this will mainly be due to the speed of the phone, the buffer on the car/headunit and other factors which are out of my control, if that is the case and you cannot use the app please feel free to contact me for a refund.
- Bluetooth Audio output might not work on all devices, it does depend how the car/headunit handles the Bluetooth. There will be devices which completely disable A2DP/Bluetooth capabilities of the car when Android Auto is running. In this case all the sound will be heard from the phone speaker rather then the car speakers.
- Tap limit will be disabled only for cars/headunits which are equipped with a GPS.
- In rare cases it can happen that after unplugging the phone from the headunit you will see a message which says that you are still connected to Android Auto, simply Force Stop the Google Play Services.
- You always need to make sure that Headunit Server is running on the phone (unless you have root), if the icon bothers you simply hide it.
Version 3.6a on 11.09.2019
- Fixes compatibility with new Torque Beta app.
Version 3.6b on 01.15.2020
- Change notification for speed cam
- fixed app crash when using voice commands on some units.
by andremorato on 06.05.2020thumb_up
Very good. Tanks. Full function on my samsung s10+ and volvo xc60
by Zisidis Nikos on 06.05.2020thumb_up
works flawlessly with non-root xiaomi mi 9t and Fiat uconnect. Has a late-night call to extract information from torque pro but. I think it's normal. great job! I hope to see the dashcommand with I hope to see the dashcommand with something similar
by Ed29010 on 05.29.2020thumb_down
Doesn't work. Keeps closing. Ford sync 3 with OnePlus 5.
by nashed on 05.28.2020thumb_down
i cant see the plug in inside Android Auto launcher also in setting except i found it in developer option also i cant find headunit server in latest AA version 52501053. i paid for nothing 😣😣
by is85656 on 05.11.2020thumb_up
It works perfectly in my Xiami Note 7 and my Alfa Romeo Giulia
by Hybrid Core on 04.26.2020thumb_up
Perfect on Ford Sync 3 (fiesta mk8)
by dariobp on 04.19.2020thumb_up
I had some issues on the first installation but the creator provided upstanding support. Thank you so much Emil.
by Revelene on 05.09.2020thumb_up
This app is awesome, when it works. Using a Galaxy Note9 and OBDLink MX, on a 2019 Veloster Turbo. Would recommend, even with the occasional bug and awkward way of getting it to work. Update May 2020: Seems like it is getting more and more buggy, specifically on getting it to launch and load up on the dash. Frequently it will just not load up and the app will just keep crashing and opening repeatedly, then I get a message about it constantly crashing and to close it. No update since January, and that was just a beta fix. Needs an update.
by Geyro23 on 07.30.2020thumb_up
by jdezan on 02.28.2020thumb_up
It's fully working with my Citroen C4L and my Mi 9T even tough the developer informed that it does not work in Xiaomi phones. Please add more customisation for the gauges and some samples to measure.