THIS IS NOT A THEME APP. IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE COLORS OF THE UI! For theming solutions, use Swift Installer or other Synergy-compatible apps.
If you have issues or need a refund, don't leave a review. Labs gives me no way to respond to reviewers. Either go to the forum thread or join the TG group, linked below.
If you have an S8, S8+, Note8, S10e, S10 or S10+, the installation process for themes isn't as simple as sideloading an APK. There are two methods you can use:
1. Select your options, and apply them per-category (press the checkmark button).
2. Open the Galaxy Theme Store (Settings>>Wallpapers & Themes).
3. Press the "Send" button in OneUI Tuner (the one in the middle).
4. When prompted, hit press the "GO" button in the dialog that pops up.
5. Select "View all" in the top right of the Galaxy Themes themes list.
6. Find the "Samsung Overlay ThemeCompiler" theme (its preview image says "CUSTOM THEME").
7. Select it and press "Try it out."
8. A notification may occasionally appear telling you that your theme trial is about to expire. Ignore it. This is part of the trial breaker. Feel free to hide the notification if you want.
- If the trial ends by itself, try exempting OneUI Tuner from battery optimizations.
1. Go to the gear in the top right of OneUI Tuner.
2. Enable "Use Synergy."
3. Select your options and apply them per-category.
4. Each application will import the theme into Synergy, where you'll be able to install it.
S9, S9+ and Note9 users are unaffected.
Samsung's One UI got a lot of things right, but it isn't perfect. For example, you can no longer do things like enable seconds in the status bar clock or change the QS header count using Android's hidden settings.
OneUI Tuner aims to fix these problems by using Samsung's comprehensive theme engine. It's not a theme, though. Instead, OneUI Tuner allows you to do things like setting the QS header icon count, set your own custom clock format, or even restore the old Recents menu from Android Oreo.
The best part? This app doesn't need root access. It doesn't even need anything to be done through ADB.
- On 9th generation devices, applying the options from a section will prompt you to install an app. Install it again or reboot for the changes to fully apply.
- On 8th generation devices, if you aren't using Synergy, apply your options in each section and then hit the "Send" button (the middle one) to install the Samsung theme.
- On 8th generation devices, if you are using Synergy, applying your options will import that section's theme into Synergy.
If you're prompted for root access, go ahead and grant it. On 9th generation devices, it will make the installation process easier. Functionality will not be limited if you don't grant root access.
This app is not complete! Options are limited, and the UI is subject to change.
If you have questions, visit the TG group: http://bit.ly/ZachareeTG
- Custom status bar clock format (color will not change automatically; there is a shadow around the text to make it visible on light backgrounds)
- Custom QS shade date format
- Custom QS header counts for portrait and landscape
- Custom QS row/column counts for portrait and landscape
- Toggle QS tile backgrounds
- Move system icons to the left of the status bar
- Hide the status bar carrier label
- Toggle lock screen rotation
- Toggle the old Android Oreo-style Recents menu (doesn't work with Samsung's gestures)
- Set the navigation bar height
- Set the status bar height
Source code: https://github.com/zacharee/OneUITuner
Version 8 on 07.06.2019
- OneUI Tuner will now show up in Synergy's "Add" interface
- Allow using Synergy on Note9/S9
- Redesign UI and colors
- Work on trial killer
by Valtury on 03.10.2019thumb_up
by Jack3308 on 02.26.2019thumb_up
Everything aside from colors (which aren't actually listed as a feature) works well. The clock changes color a bit if you cha ge that setting. Would really like a simple tweak to not switch to the next app in one ui's stock app switcher. I like one ui's version better than the vertical switcher but it's frustrating that it switches to a different app upon opening.
by The Atomic Fart on 03.04.2019thumb_up
All options work well on Note 9, Pie, stock, no root. Ever increasing number of tweaks. Great app.
by IQ334 on 04.08.2019thumb_up
I'm S10 user. It doesn't work, but I expect it will work well in the future!
by mindlery on 05.21.2019thumb_up
A8 2018. Not working at all yet. I expected that. Just wanted advance tickets.
by jwarrior319 on 02.26.2019thumb_down
Until more options are added there shouldn't be a charge for the app. Also apk fails to install
by rpcob on 05.24.2019thumb_down
Haven't seen an update in a while. Last update only removed features. The fact this cost money is amazing.
by fredskis on 02.25.2019thumb_up
The screenshots mislead you to believe this app can change the accent colour yet no such option exists.
by SleeplessDays on 03.01.2019thumb_up
Root mod not working.
by darkluk on 03.01.2019thumb_down
Only thing what is working is hight of the navigation bar.