I created this widget to make it easier for older people to make phone calls and read SMS.
There are various applications like this, but none were as simple and essential as I needed it, so I decided to create one. I share it in case it's useful to others.
Unlike other solutions this is a widget and not a launcher. The widget shows a dialer panel and has a couple of icons to display the phone contacts and the latest SMS.
You can configure some aspects of the widget from the application.
It is recommended to use a launcher that allows you to remove any other item from the home page and that allows you to lock the home page so as to prevent the person using the phone from removing the widget.
It needs Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or newer.
Uses the following permissions:
- android.permission.CALL_PHONE: to initiate a phone call.
- android.permission.READ_CONTACTS: to read the contacts to be displayed.
- android.permission.READ_SMS: to read the SMS to be displayed.
- android.permission.RECEIVE_SMS: to update the list of SMS when a new one arrives.
You can donate by purchasing this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.easyjoin.ty
Version DialerWidget 1.0.2 on 07.08.2020
- Enabled default tick sound on a button's press.DOWNLOAD