Turn your Tablet or old phone into an Android Auto head unit, or simply update your existing Android Powered unit (Eonon, Joying, Xtrons, PX5, PX3, etc) to support Android Auto.
- Works on any device running Android 4.1 or higher (if your device is running Android 4.X the app will need Google Play Services in order to work)
- For usage guide please check app's thread.
Free trial app available on the app thread, try before you buy.
If you have previously (before this app was launched 04.08.2016) already purchased the Headunit App from Mike, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with a proof of payment and you can have this version as a free upgrade!
This is a re-launch of the late Mike Reid original HeadUnit app. Mike have posted part of his code under GPLv3 and this version of the app is derived from there.
Also currently the original headunit app stopped working due to changes made by Google
Version Headunit Reloaded V5 on 11.16.2019
- New UI
- New over-scan approach allowing any resolution units to work properly (including portrait mode)
- New mic source (should help with speech recognition)
- Added option to keep status bar (user request)
- Added welcome setup
- Added possibility to use old USB driver (android built in one) in case you cannot get it connected with the new version
- Added option for Gain control on mic
- Added option to keep Wifi off (for USB use)
- Changed Wifi Direct implementation (you will need to install the Wifi Launcher for HUR on the phone to use Wifi Direct)
- Removed option to stretch full screen as this is not needed any more (it will always be full screen)
- Fixed Incoming mode not setting password for some devices
- Fixed app crash when Wifi toggled during app running
- Fixed night icon colors for devices running 4.x
- Fixed app freeze if permissions denied
- Fixed app crash after device unplugged when using native android USB driver.
- Fixed day/night calculation if share GPS turned off
- Code cleanup
- Other bug fixes.
by codealfa on 11.18.2019thumb_up
Works well when you know how to use it.
by ratmonkey73 on 10.20.2019thumb_up
Best Android auto experience, v4.6 works perfect on superwide 1280*480, just set 1280 res@180 dpi. Perfectly stable over USB, haven't tried wireless yet. This beats any AA USB dongle out there at a fraction of the price.
by MrBoondy on 08.11.2019thumb_up
So far cool
by 92rateeee on 03.12.2019thumb_up
Nice App. Tested with Galaxy note9, S7. Works well : USB, WIFI Works but little slow : Wifi direct Hope my px5 HU also works
by Jordi_Mirror on 03.11.2019thumb_up
Perfecto con un Xiaomi mi8 y con un Android Box en un Peugeot 308, por USB, Wifi y Wifi Direct.
by jrs8205 on 07.19.2018thumb_down
Doesn't work at all. And i buyet :( latest alpha versio doesn't reconise my usb. I try many things but no, it just doesn't work...
by raphael.atienza on 08.11.2018thumb_up
Used with Tasker this is ultimately powerful and useful. I use this with a Galaxy Note 8 and a MediaPad M3 Lite 8 via Wifi Mode. Latest Alpha Headunit Reloaded 4.0 FIX5 SETTINGS SCROLL.
by Rutilant on 05.22.2017thumb_up
by MAJED.y on 08.12.2018thumb_up
This app is a must for any Headunits. No need for a special dongle, only your phone, usb cable and your headunit.
by wraithewok on 11.29.2016thumb_up
Works like a charm on my nexus 7 (deb)!