RCTD won't affect your device at all, since it doesn't detect root. You don't need to remove RCTD, and you won't be able to unless you root.
Use this at your own risk! I can't be held responsible for something you willingly do to your device! This app hasn't failed yet, but I can't make any guarantees that something bad won't happen. Proceed with caution. You have been warned!
As many of you may know, LG has been building a root checker into its phones. This root checker is only supposed to log the results it gets (possibly for LG engineers to check on warrantied devices), but LG being LG messed things up. Here's what happens instead:
- RCTD detects root
- RCTD starts a new process to log the results
- RCTD doesn't ever end that process, so it just sits there taking up resources
- RCTD scans on a periodic schedule, so this whole process keeps repeating
If you're on a rooted LG phone on Stock (LGUX not AOSP) firmware, you may have noticed that it slows down a lot after a day or so. This isn't just "normal lag." It's LG's root checker running rampant.
Thanks to @dimm0k, this whole issue was brought to the attention of the LG V20 community. It was found out that RCTD could be disabled, but it requires unpacking a boot.img, commenting out some lines of code, and then repacking before flashing the modified image.
Well, no more. This app, through the use of Android Image Kitchen, does this all for you. With three taps, you can back up your boot partition, patch it, and flash it. It's super easy. If you find yourself stuck in a bootloop after flashing, simply flash one of the backups you made, located under`/sdcard/AndroidImageKitchen/Backups/`.
- Currently this app is in ALPHA. The design and icon are not final. It may or may not function. Please use the linked thread or Telegram chat to troubleshoot. Leaving a review asking for help won't work, since I can't reply to reviews here.
- RCTD doesn't necessarily cause any problems in performance. Getting rid of it may or may not have any noticeable benefits. In any case, I still recommend removing RCTD.
- Huge thanks to @osm0sis for allowing me to use AIK in this project. It's a truly amazing tool.
- AIK Thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2073775
- App Source: https://github.com/zacharee/RCTDRemoverforLG
- @dimm0k's Thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/v20/how-to/t-mobile-rooted-lgv20-rctd-root-t3661490
- @runningnak3d's Thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=3167089
- Support Thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/v20/how-to/rctd-remover-script-feedback-t3675968
- Telegram Chat: https://t.me/joinchat/EkE57g6dCLopBy8xVQRT9w
Version 10 on 04.23.2018
This should have been released a while ago. Where did version 9 go...?DOWNLOAD
by moejoe88 on 10.15.2017thumb_up
Worked on my stock rooted VS995 7.0 Nice simple interface. Good work dev!
by ecompton59 on 02.06.2018thumb_up
does the job still pass safety net on LG g5 thanks for fixing probs everyone on telegram reported
by humble on 10.08.2017thumb_down
It Worked on Stylo 3 Plus... Your update broke it...
by DMedina559 on 10.12.2017thumb_up
Worked flawlessly on my Stylo 3 Plus
by toddl1981 on 12.01.2017thumb_up
Worked 100% on my ls997. Sprint v20. Thank you!
by hbilly1979 on 11.08.2017thumb_down
It won't even open on my LG G4 h811 it says it's unfortunately stopped working but I'm new to this anybody can help please
by DenyDarko on 10.15.2017thumb_up
LG G5 H850 v20k Works fine :)
by fahdfarooq24 on 09.28.2017thumb_up
Absolutely amazing. Removed RCTD from a v20. Waiting on to see if there's any performance difference after a couple of days. Developer made the process a piece of cake. Amazing work.
by JJJRW on 12.05.2017thumb_up
Flawless. Got the job done in the blink of an eye. Keep up the superb work!
by xxcmb3k3xx on 12.22.2017thumb_up
Works great on V10 - h901