Privacy Browser has two primary goals.
1. Minimize the amount of information that is sent to the internet.
2. Minimize the amount of information that is stored on the device.
In contrast, privacy sensitive features are disabled by default in Privacy Browser. If one of these technologies is required for a website to function correctly, the user may choose to turn it on for just that visit. Or, they can use domain settings to automatically turn on certain features when entering a specific website and turn them off again when leaving.
Privacy Browser currently uses Android’s built-in WebView to render web pages. As such, it works best when the latest version of WebView is installed (see https://www.stoutner.com/privacy-browser/common-settings/webview/). In the 4.x series, Privacy Browser will switch to a forked version of Android’s WebView called Privacy WebView that will allow for advanced privacy features.
Warning: Android KitKat (version 4.4.x, API 19) ships an older version of OpenSSL, which is susceptible to MITM (Man In The Middle) attacks when browsing websites that use outdated protocols and cipher suites. More information about this issue is available at https://www.stoutner.com/kitkat-security-problems/.
• Integrated EasyList ad blocking.
• Tor Orbot proxy support.
• SSL certificate pinning.
• Import/export of settings and bookmarks.
Version 3.5.1 on 08.29.2020
• Fix a bug that caused new intents (links from other apps) to not load if Privacy Browser had been killed by the OS in the background.
• Fix a bug that caused the app to initialize incorrectly if the app theme was set to the opposite of the OS theme.
by silentbat on 11.24.2018thumb_up
Sweet love it
by dantequick on 09.18.2020thumb_up
Have used for years, one of my go to privacy browsers. Intergreat web rtc blocking would be killer.
by xbot1212 on 04.14.2018thumb_up
by yorkberliner on 05.16.2018thumb_up
by fridam on 05.17.2018thumb_up
by Floppy-77 on 12.19.2018thumb_up
Best Browser ever! 👍 Plz, integrate a script blocker
by jerryn70 on 10.30.2018thumb_up
Will give 5 star when multiple tab feature implemented
by wp82 on 07.22.2017thumb_up
Sehr guter Browser.
by blk_jack on 06.23.2017thumb_up
Tons of options !