-------**** Root and a writable /system partition are required! Please, read the description completely! Don't try to use reviews for communication and bugreports - they will be ignored ****-------
GLTools is a custom OpenGLES driver (proxy), that is compatible with any known OpenGLES 2.0-compatible GPU + ARM or x86 processor. If you still don't understand, what this app is, the closest known analog is Chainfire3D.
- Change resolution and rendering bitness in any app, even if it doesn't support that by default.
- Change GPU name and enjoy enhanced graphics even on a noname low-end GPU.
- Take full control over textures: now you can decompress/recompress them (even if your GPU doesn't support that texture format) and resize. Note that decompression feature is available only if you'll install a plugin (internet is required to do that)
- Optimize shaders on-the-fly for optimal performance (the same optimizer is used in Unity3D engine by default)
- Enable MSAA or CSAA in any app to improve graphics quality (make sure that your GPU supports that)
- Measure gained performance with a nice onscreen FPS counter (or you can output FPS information to Logcat if you are a pro)
GLTools is 100% safe if you have a custom recovery installed (and you didn't disable backup in GLTools install dialog), if you'll find it non-working, you can just flash uninstall_gltools.zip in recovery and email me with details (or request a refund). If you don't have one, it is NOT safe, just like any other system-related tool, make sure that you are able to recover your firmware in case of any problems.
- Nexus 6 @ Android 6.0.1
- Stock Nvidia Shield firmwares
- Some games fail to work on devices with Mail GPU even with GLTools enabled. Adreno is supported much better.
Not working by design on:
- Non-rooted devices.
- Emulators of any kind.
By using this app, you agree to all the following terms:
User is responsible to make sure that any plugins he uses are legal to use. All texture plugins (except for Default) are written by independent developers and are placed on a 3rd-party webserver (except for Default which is builtin), which has nothing to do with me, a GLTools author, except for that I provide a simple in-app browser to install them (as all we know, browser creators have nothing to do with any abusive Internet content, the same thing here).
User is responsible to make sure that this app won't cause any EULA violation. GLTools is designed for debugging of apps that user is author of, any other usage is not officially supported. Anyway, this app changes system libraries only and doesn't cause any binary modification of 3rd-party apps.
All trademark usage is nominative, nominative usage is Fair Use, it doesn't require any permission from trademark holder. Any trademarks are the property of their owners anyway.
If you think that GLTools itself is illegal, you can always contact me via email@example.com
This app is provided "as is" without any representations or warranties, express or implied. The only person responsible for any possible damage caused to the firmware (or other software) installed on a device is user.
By downloading this app you agree to all these terms.
Source code of used GNU Binutils (assembler, linker, etc) and Busybox can be obtained by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Version 2.01 on 08.23.2016
by lazuardi gamera on 11.11.2018thumb_up
by FrozenCreeper on 08.26.2018thumb_up
The app works I think but I don't have access to the Adreno 530 and 540 templates. Can someone help me please?
by Tomzis on 06.06.2018thumb_up
The app opens but when I press "Install" or "Install using recovery I get an error like "Error installing backup check your SD card" do you know what the issue is & how to solve it?
by 17770518082 on 02.11.2018thumb_up
by torr.kte on 12.02.2017thumb_up
i can't install in Mi A1
by Keng Martin on 10.14.2017thumb_up
Rete 5 star Intall GLtools verry and thank you
by Dharmveer05 on 08.04.2018thumb_up
How much space it requires for installation? I have already clean installed my ROM for this, but it always says that "your /system partition doesn't have enough space". I have still 1.02gb free space left in /system partition(according to DiskUsage)
by hashmitallal on 01.08.2017thumb_up
by emon112 on 02.13.2017thumb_up
Works fine! Just it increases the loading time !
by zoel.fahmi on 03.24.2018thumb_up