*This app will only work on a Pixel (XL) or Pixel 2 (XL), and needs root*
Ever noticed how the "Now Playing" feature on the Pixel only works when you're not playing music on the device? And how you can't see what song is playing when ambient display is in use, just the icon? This app solves that.
Ambient Lock Screen Music displays the currently playing song from any of your music apps on the Pixel's ambient display and lockscreen, where you would usually see a song recognised from being played in the background
- Two methods for "watching" for music apps, supporting almost any app including Play Music, Spotify, YouTube Red/iYTBP and many more
- Blacklist an app if you don't want it to appear on the ambient display
- Double tap to launch the app when music is playing
This app is free and ad-free.
Version 1.1 on 02.24.2018
- Improved listener to prevent erroneous information being shown after the song has been paused (mostly on Spotify)
- Cloned ellipsis code from Ambient Services to shorten the track name when it's long to always show the artist
- Added Pixel/Pixel XL to list of supported devices, dialog warning will not be shown on those now